Current Australian Law about Importing Nicotine from Overseas
The sale, possession and use of e-liquids containing nicotine is currently illegal in every jurisdiction in Australia. As nicotine is classified as Schedule 7 Dangerous poison, it is completely prohibited in every state across the country. However, if you would like to use nicotine e-liquids for therapeutic purposes such as to quit smoking or easing nicotine withdrawal, you should purchase e-cigs and e-liquids registered by Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
Unfortunately, there aren’t any vaping products registered by TGA yet, mainly due to tough rules, vastly expensive and almost impossible procedures to follow. These strict regulations have been imposed to fail the applicants even before they launch their application.
You might not find TGA approved eliquids or ecigs in Australia, but you can actually find Australian made eliquids ejuices containing nicotine from reputable suppliers located in countries such New Zealand.
Is it legal to import nicotine e-liquids?
Importing nicotine e-cigs and e-liquids for personal therapeutic use is legal in Australia under personal importation scheme. However, the importers should be able to comply with the conditions and requirements of TGA to lawfully import nicotine e-liquids from offshore companies.
Requirements under personal importation scheme:
- As nicotine is listed under Poison Standard, the importer should possess a prescription from a registered medical practitioner.
- The products can be imported for the therapeutic use of the importers or their immediate family.
- The amount of nicotine e-liquids imported should not be more than 3-month supply.
- The product should not contain any substance prohibited under Customs Act. (Nicotine is not prohibited under this act)
- Nicotine e-liquids imported in a 12 month period should not exceed 15-month supply.
Where Australians can buy nicotine e-liquid?
We recommend you to place your order for nicotine e-liquids at Soulblu New Zealand whose manufacturer “Eliquids Australia Pty Ltd” has been granted ISO 9001:2008 certificate for its quality management system. The products available at this website are manufactured in compliance with high quality standard in a proper and well-equipped laboratory. Moreover, e-liquids available at Soulblu New Zealand contain only pharmaceutical grade ingredients and food flavoring. So, they serve to be a safe alternative to traditional tobacco cigarettes.