Travelling with e-cigarettes is much like travelling with any other electronic device. Familiarising yourself with the restriction and guidelines that your airline has in place is the first place to start. The last thing you want is to kick start your relaxing holiday away with a stressful fine.
Can I vape at the airport?
The restrictions to vaping inside an airport vary around the world - just as smoking rules do. These are also constantly evolving so researching the rules on your destinations is advised. In Australia you are not permitted to use your e-cigarette in the airport and are restricted to use in the smoking areas provided.
Some things to keep your eye out for:
- Read through the airport website for e-cigarette policies within airport areas.
- Keep your eye out for signs prohibiting the use of e-cigarettes.
- Look out for designated smoking/vaping areas.
- Contact the airport help desk or ask staff at your location.
Security checks and e-cigarettes
It is important to understand the laws and restrictions regarding e-cigarettes in the places you are travelling to. Some destinations may have limitations on the amount of liquid, batteries, etc. that you may be able to bring in.
- Avoid taking liquids which contain nicotine into a country where nicotine liquid is illegal
- Do not pack e-liquid containers larger than 100ml. Split your juices into smaller containers (10 - 30ml) in preparation for your trip.
- Don't take more e-liquid than you need for your trip.
- Ensure that any spare batteries you are carrying are in your hand luggage and do not exceed the allowed amount taken on board by your airline.
- Keep your e-liquids in a zip lock bag to prevent any leakage through your bag.
Vaping on the plane.
Most airline worldwide have restricted the use of e-cigarettes on board. Vaping on the plane is illegal and doing say may see you issued with a fine. These fines can be up to $25,000.
We recommend that you avoid using your e-cigarette on board the plane. If you are taking a long flight consider the use of nicotine gum, spray, or patches.
Travel safe with your vape
By researching and following any directions supplied by your airline and destination you should have no issues travelling with your vape.
- Research the policies and regulations.
- Only take the safest and smallest amounts with you.
- Store your e-liquids and vaping gear properly.
Whether you're travelling with e-cigarettes for business or leisure, do your homework. Get acquainted with the latest regulations and enjoy a smooth and safe vaping experience throughout your trip.
If you're travelling and need some extra advice please have a chat to the friendly staff at Soulblu.